Riverfront Development Corporation of Delaware Seeks A Full-Time Security and Safety Manager
The Riverfront Development Corporation of Delaware (RDC), created in 1995, by a Governor’s task force to oversee the futures of the Brandywine and Christina Rivers. Established with primary funding from the State of Delaware and some additional contributions from the City of Wilmington and New Castle County, the RDC is focused on creating economic vitality along the Brandywine and Christina Rivers while enhancing the environment, encouraging historic preservation, and increasing public access. Through targeted and leveraged investments, RDC will create employment and residential development while promoting education, the arts, recreation and tourism. This position will work with the Director of Facilities and Security to manage the various aspects of the organization’s security and safety needs.
Oversee the daily functions of the security department. Coordinate with the security staffing company the appropriate staffing levels, monitor and provide direction to the security staff, which includes the daily scheduling, training, compliance with the standard operating procedures, follow-up to all incidents that are identified, and assist in the budget process. Will need to be able to work a flexible schedule and cover one shift per week.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Supervise all inside and outside security personnel.
- Provide all required reports in a timely manner.
- Maintain and develop policies and standard operating procedures, and oversee their implementation.
- Organize and supervise security for all events for the Riverfront Wilmington Business Improvement District, Riverfront Development Corporation and the Chase Center on the Riverfront.
- Keep department overtime to a minimum based on the established security contract.
- Conduct and/or maintain safety and security training on a regular basis, first aid, CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation), and AED (automated external defibrillation) annually, also to include but not limited to, performing fire drills (minimally twice a year) and safety related training.
- On call 24 hours unless other arrangements are made and approved in advance.
- Coordination of opening and closing of the Chase Center
- Emergency response training
- Active shooter training
- Participate in various Riverfront committees as required or assigned
- As appropriate, identify problems in the areas of responsibility and resolve or present recommended actions to administration via the Director of Facilities/Security.
- Full Time Flex Schedule
- Camera Management
- Managing uniform, equipment, supplies, and vehicles
- Analyze data to form proposals for improvements. For example: incident reports, crime stats etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Law Enforcement or military background of 5 years or applicable experience in Security and Safety Management
- Strong background in providing training
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Information systems computer experience
- Walking extended areas
- Sitting, bending, standing, and moving constantly during working hours
Working environment entails working inside and outside of the facility during all types of weather conditions.
OTHER JOB INFORMATION:
This position includes full benefits (health, dental, pension, vacation time and sick leave). There is no relocation allowance. Salary is commensurate with experience.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please send cover letter, resume and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org and place the job title “Security and Safety Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.