Riverfront Development Corporation of Delaware seeks a full‐time Maintenance and Grounds Manager
The Riverfront Development Corporation of Delaware (RDC), created in 1995, by a Governor’s task force to oversee the futures of the Brandywine and Christina Rivers. Established with primary funding from the State of Delaware and some additional contributions from the City of Wilmington and New Castle County, the RDC is focused on creating economic vitality along the Brandywine and Christina Rivers while enhancing the environment, encouraging historic preservation, and increasing public access. This position will work directly with the Director of Facilities and Security.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Schedule and perform repairs per work orders
• Repair equipment as required
• Oversee staff payroll
• Prepare weekly work schedules
• General repairs, painting, electrical, and carpentry as required
• Conduct training of outside and inside maintenance crew
• Perform safety training
• Follow all SOP’s and safety procedures
• Responsible for purchasing, receiving, and inventory
• RCare (preventative maintenance)
• Assist in developing and maintaining budget
• Coordinate repairs with vendors, plumbers, electricians, etc.
• Work on a flexible schedule posted weekly
• On-call 24 hours as assigned
• Operate equipment and hand tools, both manual and powered
• Responsible for managing HVAC settings for RDC businesses
• Report maintenance or safety issues to the Director of Facilities & Security
• Perform all functions of maintenance staff if necessary
• Manage maintenance staff schedules and keep overtime to a minimum
• RDC representative and maintenance supervisor for special events at Riverfront Wilmington facilities
• Perform property inspections
• Ability to read blue prints
• Maintain and oversee warranty repairs with all contractors
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
• Obtain bids and contracts
The successful candidate is required to have:
• Minimum five years of experience managing multiple properties and grounds;
• Exemplary project management skills;
• Ability to maintain and create budgets;
• Strong organizational skills;
• Superior communication skills;
• Ability to work in a fast‐paced environment;
• Excellent computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office suite;
• Ability to work flexibly, including some evening and weekend hours.
The successful candidate may also demonstrate:
• Ability to be self‐directed and a self‐starter;
• Capacity to work well both independently and as part of a team;
• Creative thinking and problem solving;
• The ability to prioritize tasks and follow consistent routines;
• Strong interpersonal skills;
• An ability to adapt communication skills to a variety of stakeholders;
• Knowledge of Wilmington and/or riverfront development projects.
OTHER JOB INFORMATION
This position includes full benefits (health, dental, pension, vacation time and sick leave). There is no relocation allowance. Salary is commensurate with experience.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com and place the job title “Maintenance and Grounds Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Further information about Riverfront Development Corporation may be found at www.riverfrontwilm.com.