Riverfront Development Corporation of Delaware Seeks Crew Members for the Riverboat Queen
The Riverfront Development Corporation of Delaware (RDC), created in 1995, by a Governor’s task force to oversee the futures of the Brandywine and Christina Rivers. Established with primary funding from the State of Delaware and some additional contributions from the City of Wilmington and New Castle County, the RDC is focused on creating economic vitality along the Brandywine and Christina Rivers while enhancing the environment, encouraging historic preservation, and increasing public access. Through targeted and leveraged investments, RDC will create employment and residential development while promoting education, the arts, recreation and tourism. The Wilmington Riverfront is a thriving destination rich in history and filled with recreational, cultural, retail and culinary attractions. The Riverboat Queen creates long-lasting memories and great experiences for our guests. Our unsurpassed customer service and support allow us not only to meet but exceed expectations.
The Crew Member will greet all guests and ensure each guest is attended to in an appropriate manner ensuring consistently high levels of safety, quality, service, and guest satisfaction. The Crew Member will personally contribute to the unforgettable guest experience, be favorably viewed by Captain and peers, and be swift and efficient in the execution of their assigned duties. Performance will be measured by quality, service, safety, management evaluation, and feedback from RDC management, peers, and guests.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Crew Members will ensure adherence to procedures detailed in the Management Guide. (Provided 1st day of employment)
- Reports to the Captain and completes duties as assigned by Captain
- Thorough pre-cruise preparation, and adherence to cruise scripts is as must, such as, pre-cruise meetings regarding the cruise (special needs, boarding procedures, etc.)
- Gather pertinent cruise event details from Captain to ensure special guest requests are fulfilled
- Ensure that staff and guests adhere to all safety standards and procedures
- Completes the execution of the Safety Program, including emergency drills (weekly)
- Completes the proper maintenance of all ship’s systems and boarding facilities including but not limited to gangways, fire suppression, communications, and navigation (weekly)
- Ensure adherence to Coast Guard rules and regulations, and other federal and local rules and regulations (daily)
- Ensure strict compliance to Emergency Response Plan (daily)
- Execute functions as assigned by management
- Develop positive working relationships with Captain, & RDC Management
- Complete all shift records: checklist, and documentation of safety training
- Attend all scheduled meetings
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required
- Minimum two (2) years customer service experience
- Some boat equipment experiences preferred (but not necessary)
- Ability to bend and move within tight spaces
- Ability to stand for a long period of time
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Ability to perceive attributes of an object/materials such as size, shapes while cruising
- Ability to work in all weather conditions including heat, rain, humidity, and sun
- Ability to utilize adequate aquatic verbal skills after training
- Demonstrate the ability to safely and appropriately use required equipment after training
- Per Department of Transportation regulations, must submit to pre-employment and ongoing random drug and alcohol testing
- Per United States Coast Guard regulations, must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Each candidate must submit to a pre-employment background check.
- Must have a valid US Driver’s License
- Eager and energetic person with the ability to work flexible hours
- Professional appearance, and the ability to follow directions in a professional manner
- Outgoing personality with a winning team player attitude
- Possess a good sense of humor and the ability to have fun
Working environment entails working outdoors and on the Riverboat Queen vessel.
OTHER JOB INFORMATION:
Riverfront Development Corporation is an equal employment opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, or any other classification protected by applicable law. All successful candidates are subject to a background check and drug test.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please send cover letter, resume and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org and place the job title “Riverboat Queen Crew Member” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.