Riverfront Development Corporation Looks to Hire Security Supervisor
Position/Job Title: Security Supervisor/Console Operator
Reports To: Director of Security
Area(S) of Responsibility: This position performs duties for The Riverfront Wilmington Business Improvement District and all businesses owned and operated by the RDC. This position requires strong organizational, supervisory, oral communication, and decision-making skills.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Responsible for the functioning of all security operations console activities, including but not limited to the operation of telephones, alarm systems, access control systems, radio systems, and computers, ensuring that all equipment is in good working order.
- Supervise all inside and outside security personnel
- Provide all required/requested reports in a timely fashion
- Review all schedules and events listings to ensure coverage
- Review departmental overtime needs schedule accordingly
- Ensure all written procedures are completed
- File all monthly paperwork
- Conduct follow-ups on Security responses and Maintenance requests
- Review Console and Roving Patrol logs
- Review and distribute completed work orders to other departments as needed
- Inspect all security equipment and ensure it is in good working order
- Communicate regularly with the Facilities Manager about any equipment and or safety issues
- Assist in developing and managing an annual budget
- Organize and supervise security for special events for RWBID and RDC
- On-call 24 hours unless other arrangements are completed and approved in advance
- Attend weekly meetings
- Review Allied Universal, WPD, WFD, and FMO extra duty invoices
- Create electronic forms for security use
- Responsible for scheduling WPD, WFD, & FMO extra duty details
- Responsible for ordering security equipment and uniforms
- Complete off-hour inspections
- Complete security officer training as needed
- Coordinate Security, Chase Center, and DCM staff training
- AED/First Aid
- Fire Extinguisher
- Coordinate and conduct Fire Drills at Chase Center & DEEC
- Attend and conduct RWBID Security Managers’ Meetings as requested
- Create & update Access Badges
- Control HVAC system for multiple systems
- The applicant should have at least three years of Security or Law Enforcement experience.
- At least three years of experience in narrative report writing.
- At least three years of supervisory experience.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in training newly hired employees
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Ability to identify and resolve problems promptly, developing solutions when possible
- Team-oriented with the ability to positively interact with internal and external team members
- Must be able to cover large areas wit long walking distances, work areas that could have high volumes, diverse clientele, noise, music, minimal and/or bright lighting, and variation of climate control
- A valid driver’s license
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- The ability to pass a background investigation.
- Covid Vaccination Required
Yearly Salary Range: $50,000 to $60,000 This position includes full benefits (health, dental, pension, vacation time and sick leave). There is no relocation allowance.
If you meet the above requirements, please submit a cover letter and resume, with salary requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.