RDC Seeks a Part-Time Boat Captain for Riverboat Queen Sightseeing and Brunch Cruises
PART-TIME BOAT CAPTAINS NEEDED
RIVERBOAT QUEEN SITE-SEEING AND DINNER BOAT CRUISES
Job title: Part-Time Captain
The Wilmington Riverfront is a thriving destination rich in history and filled with recreational, cultural, retail and culinary attractions. The Riverboat Queen creates long-lasting memories and great experiences for our guests. Our unsurpassed customer service and support allows us not only to meet but exceed our customer’s expectations.
Public Site-Seeing Tours 4 days/week, Thursday- Sunday
Private Cruise Availability 7 days/week Sunday-Saturday
Seasonal: May 2019- October 2019
The Captains will greet all guests and ensure each guest is attended to in an appropriate manner ensuring consistently high levels of safety, quality, service, and guest satisfaction, while maintaining a high level of profitability.
Captain will ensure adherence to procedures detailed in the Management Guide.
- Thorough pre-cruise preparation, adherence to cruise scripts, supervision of crew, proper piloting of vessel
- Conduct pre-cruise meetings and communicate to crew all necessary information regarding the cruise (special needs, boarding procedures, etc.)
- Ensure adherence to all Coast Guard, Maritime rules and other federal and local rules and regulations
- Gather pertinent cruise event details from the other departments to ensure special guest requests are fulfilled
- Ensure that staff and guests adhere to all safety standards and procedures
- Participate in the execution of the Safety Program, including emergency drills
- Participate in the proper maintenance of all ship’s systems and boarding facilities including but not limited to gangways, diesel, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, water (potable, raw, black, and gray), fire suppression, communications, and navigation
- Ensure strict compliance to Emergency Response Plan
- Execute other projects as assigned by management
- Deliver training to new crew and develop strong teamwork within the staff
- Adhere to Company’s performance management guidelines for all discipline and termination situations
- Develop positive working relationships with city department heads and peers
- Complete all shift records: checklist, logbook, payroll, and documentation of safety training
- Ensure that incident reports are completed accurately and promptly
- Execute collateral duties as assigned by RDC Management: uniforms, crew training, safety training, recruiting, and routine vessel maintenance
- Attend all scheduled meetings
The Captain will personally contribute to the unforgettable guest experience, be favorably viewed by supervisors and peers, and be swift and efficient in the execution of their assigned duties. Performance will be measured by quality, service, safety, management evaluation, and feedback from RDC management, peers, and guests.
- Cater to the guest experience and if needed resolve guest problems by utilizing strong guest service skills and exercising effective communication skills in keeping with company objectives and guest retention.
- Work closing with the on-site catering team during all events.
- Oversee the implementation and execution of safety programs in accordance with Coast Guard regulations and established Company policies
- Job Specifications / qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent required
- Must currently possess 100-ton license with a satisfactory record
- Must currently possess FCC License
- Minimum of five (5) years of marine experience—preferably to include two (2) years as a captain with an outstanding record Detailed working knowledge of all ship’s systems and their proper maintenance: gangways, diesel, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, water (potable, raw, black, and gray), fire suppression, communications, and navigation
- Must be able to operate vessel in accordance with all Coast Guard rules and procedures Vessel handling and navigation knowledge required
- Able to communicate effectively in oral and written form
- Able to effectively deal with internal and external guests some of whom will require high levels of patience tact and diplomacy
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities/tasks
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (especially Word & Excel)
- Per DOT regulations, must submit to pre-employment and ongoing random drug and alcohol testing Each candidate must possess a Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC) in good standing.
- Each candidate must submit to a pre-employment background check.
- Per USCG regulations, must be a permanent resident
- Must have a valid US Driver’s License and pass a Motor Vehicle Record history check
Riverfront Development Corporation is an equal employment opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
How to apply:
- Please submit all resumes to Yvette Buckner firstname.lastname@example.org
- No phone calls please