RDC Currently Seeks to Fill Director of Facilities Position
The Riverfront Development Corporation of Delaware (RDC), a 501 c3 non-profit corporation, is focused on creating economic vitality along the Brandywine and Christina Rivers while enhancing the environment, encouraging historic preservation, and increasing public access. Through targeted and leveraged investments, RDC creates employment and residential development while promoting education, the arts, recreation and tourism.
Either through direct acquisition, long-term leases or in participation with private developers, RDC strives to acquire site control along the two rivers. It acts as developer, construction manager and leasing agent servicing the area along the Brandywine and Christina Rivers within the city of Wilmington. Over the last 24 years, the RDC has transformed an industrial wasteland into a thriving destination, enjoyed by people of all ages and walks of life.
The RDC seeks a Director of Facilities to manage all facilities and properties owned and operated by the corporation.
• Responsible for administering and directing RDC maintenance operations, building operations, custodial operations, and grounds operations, both in-house and contractual.
• Responsible for fiscal and budgetary issues, staffing, programming, procurement and special projects in the areas of Facility Maintenance, Landscaping, and Custodial Services.
• Responsible for meeting regulatory compliance of City and State codes and regulations.
• Identifying opportunities to improve services, workflows and processes; to make recommendations and implement actions as appropriate and consistent with the goals of the RDC.
• Administering and directing maintenance programs and operations for all RDC facilities;
• Developing and recommending new/revised policies, procedures, programs, goals and objectives.
• Developing plans to expand and improve maintenance sources.
• Interfacing with vendors and contractors to coordinate new/improved services, including negotiating contracts.
• Planning, assigning, reviewing and evaluating the work of subordinate staff in day-to-day operations and project completion; providing professional and vocational training opportunities; interviewing job applicants and recommending hiring; commending and disciplining staff.
• Working collaboratively with the Director of Operations, in evaluating, analyzing, recommending and implementing division policies, procedures and systems regarding fiscal and budgetary matters, staffing and special projects.
• Advising and consulting with the Director of Operations on management and administrative problems and issues.
• Developing and recommending long-range plans and budgets pertaining to all areas of facilities management.
BASIC TASKS & FUNCTIONS:
• Planning and directing facilities department systems, equipment and policies.
• Coordinating activities of the facilities department to provide daily work order response, preventive maintenance, and ensure the reliability of facility’s equipment and systems.
• Managing purchasing, receiving, and inventories.
• Representing RDC to lessees, clients and the public.
• Assisting lessees with facility issues.
• Communicating clearly with other departments to carry out projects effectively with little disruption to the affected departments.
• Maintaining projects within approved budget and established time frame.
• Ensuring completion of Rcare (preventative maintenance) on all equipment and systems.
• Attending weekly department and operations meetings.
• Bachelor’s degree and/or 5 – 7 years of experience in facility management.
• Strong understanding of facility management systems.
• Working knowledge of electrical, mechanical and HVAC systems.
• Excellent project management skills.
• Demonstrated leadership skills.
• Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
Salary range: $70,000 – $75,000
If interested in applying for this position, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.