Riverfront Development Corporation of Delaware seeks a full‐time Director of Operations
The Riverfront Development Corporation of Delaware (RDC), created in 1995, by a Governor’s task force to oversee the futures of the Brandywine and Christina Rivers. Established with primary funding from the State of Delaware and some additional contributions from the City of Wilmington and New Castle County, the RDC is focused on creating economic vitality along the Brandywine and Christina Rivers while enhancing the environment, encouraging historic preservation, and increasing public access. Through targeted and leveraged investments, RDC will create employment and residential development while promoting education, the arts, recreation and tourism. This position will work with the Executive Director to manage the various aspects of the organization’s operational units.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
This position provides additional capacity within the organization in order to accomplish RDC’s strategic goals. Job functions include:
• Oversee day-to-day operation of the organization;
• Provide project management of organization and development projects;
• Supervise management staff;
• Manage special projects;
• Assist in the development of the organization’s operational budgets;
• Administer office policies and procedures.
The successful candidate is required to have:
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
• Minimum seven years demonstrated related or relevant experience;
• Exemplary project management skills;
• Strong organizational skills;
• Superior communication skills;
• An ability to problem‐solve;
• Ability to work in a fast‐paced environment;
• Excellent computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office suite;
• Ability to find creative solutions;
• Ability to work flexibly, including some evening and weekend hours.
The successful candidate may also demonstrate:
• Ability to be self‐directed and a self‐starter;
• Capacity to work well both independently and as part of a team;
• Creative thinking and problem solving;
• The ability to prioritize tasks and follow consistent routines;
• Strong interpersonal skills;
• An ability to adapt communication skills to a variety of stakeholders.
OTHER JOB INFORMATION
This position includes full benefits (health, dental, pension, vacation time and sick leave). There is no relocation allowance. Salary is commensurate with experience.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send cover letter, resume and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org and place the job title “Director of Operations” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.